The "Colorful Cougar" drawing was completed in 2018 by artist Cherie L. Smittle featuring a watchful watercolor Cougar.
When you’re in the backcountry and the hair on your neck and arms stand up because you know you are being watched; it’s probably a cougar checking you out! The artist felt this pose best captured the cougar’s watchful gaze.
The artist decided to change up the medium by playing with the watercolor feature on her Adobe Sketch app. She created several eye colors and solicited her social media community to help determine which version everyone liked the best, Hazel was the winner.
- Happiest prowling in the shadows during the magical hours of dusk and dawn
- Strength, courage, instincts and sensual mystique
- Powerful and solitary teaching us how to use power to become more effective, fair leadership.
Original Medium: Adobe Sketch, digital drawing
Date Released: 10/30/2018
Offered in a variety of printing methods:
- Giclée method on Fine Art Paper (Hahnemühle Velvet Photo Rag Matte Pigment Watercolor Paper, Baryta, Hot Press or Matte Archival Paper).
- LightJet printing on Archival Satin or Metallic Gloss professional photographic paper
NOTE: Printed on-demand so please allow up to 7 business days for printing in addition to shipping time.