Hime was completed in 2022 by artist Cherie L. Smittle featuring a seductive Japanese Princess with a floral headdress.
This alluring Japanese Princess is a symbol of wholeness that lives within us; beautiful and violent, good fortune, power, beginning and endings. When researching Japanese art the artist learned that the elements are selected with intention and thought. So when creating the Japanese Princess (Hime) she kept with the air and land theme, choosing elements that are harmonious.
The carefully selected elements meaning:
- Crane = good fortune and longevity,
- Jade = wealth and power,
- Butterfly = metamorphosis,
- Circle/Enso = universal expression of wholeness that lives deep in our beings (also a symbol for the Japanese flag),
- Cherry Blossom = birth and death, beauty and violence
- Semi circle in the background = the soul and mind as well as mountains
Original Medium: Adobe Draw, Digital Drawing
Date Released: 3/2022
Offered in a variety of printing methods:
- Giclée method printing on Fine Art Paper (Hahnemühle Velvet Photo Rag Matte Pigment Watercolor Paper or Matte Archival Paper). Each print is digitally signed by the artist.
- Printed with archival ink on 1.5" thick (depth) poly/cotton blend mounted and stretched Archival Canvas. These are meant to be hung unframed or into a floater frame.
- 5x7" folded greeting Cards printed on thick card stock
Printed on-demand - allow up to 7 business days for printing in addition to shipping time. FREE SHIPPING in the US and ARMED FORCES.
Additional / Custom Size: Please contact the artist at: TheArtist@CherieSmittleArt.com